The Order of St. Thomas of Acon was established in 1974 as a result of twenty years' research in the Guildhall Library in London by John E. N. Walker, who for many years was the Secretary General of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia. The ancient records of the Order, written in medieval French and Latin, had been deposited in the Guildhall Library and escaped the Great Fire of 1666. The Order now operates under the official title of The Commemorative Order of St Thomas of Acon.
The Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon is an independent British Christian masonic organisation. Membership is restricted to those who are subscribing members of a Preceptory (Commandery) in amity with the Great Priory of the United Religious, Military and Masonic Order of the Temple of England and Wales and Provinces Overseas (commonly referred to as the Knights Templar). Membership is by invitation only. The basic organisation of the Order is a Chapel.
Our Charities raise monies for the support and upkeep of Canterbury Cathedral
Right Worthy Grand Preceptor, Sir Gareth of Aberdâr (Pictured)
Right Eminent Provincial Grand Prior, Sir Wayne of Waunarlwydd, GWReg
Provincial Grand Secretary, Sir Vernon of Llangynwyd. PGtHer
Right Worthy Knight David Gareth Gait was admitted into the Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon on 20th December 2003 in Blackheeth Chapel (Time Immemorial) meeting in London at Mark Masons Hall.
He became a Founder member of Gerald de Bari Chapel No. 31 (Herald) meeting in Penarth, where he held several offices and later became a Founder member of the Chapel of King Offa No. 41 (Deputy Marshal) meeting at Chepstow. He became the Worthy Master of the Chapel of King Offa in 2007.